Friday, February 29, 2008

balenciaga: a burgeoning love affair

At first when I saw all these super-high slits in the skirts, dresses, and jackets, I wasn't sure what to make of them, but they really work in relation to one another from each outfit to the next. And of course the super-structured but light dresses and coats are always so interesting and distinctive from Balenciaga. I also usually don't really "get" a lot of the intricate, abstract descriptions that fashion editors use to describe collections, but with Balenciaga it's always pretty obvious that what you're seeing is just really really good. No guess work.


I love these loose wrapped tops, there were also red, yellow and grey-blue and more silvery ones.




These are some crazy boots -- way taller than most scrunchy boot types, and I love the thin leather, it looks almost like paper the way it folds.

Of course Fall 2006 will probably always be my favorite by Ghesquiere. I love how he picks a few key ideas in each collection, which are quite different while complimentary, and really shows their full range of potential versus trying to make every outfit look different but still cohesive. And then there's the fact that the liberty prints from Spring 2008 are now everywhere! How does he keep doing it?

1 comment:

EvaAmarri said...

Hey great blog. Would u like to link?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin